I love living in Denver. My friends here are awesome. We’re always going to cool events and bars with great specials. In the summer we hang out in the parks, in the winter, we’re in the mountains. Even though I love my life in Denver, I still don’t have too many favorite spots. Sure, I’m not really here in the summer or winter to find those spots. When I lived in Boston, I would walk around for 6-8 hours on the weekends or after an early class during the week. I had plenty of favorite spots. I loved going down through the North End to Battery Wharf, and people-watching on the Greenway or the Commons.
In order to mix it up this past Saturday, I decided to give myself a challenge- a photo scavenger hunt. The pictures look pretty cool because I was walking around as the sun was lowering in the sky. I don’t think I found a new favorite spot but I did see some cool things that I wouldn’t have seen if I had ridden my bike or driven a car. The quest will continue the next time I have a free day.
Photo Scavenger Hunt- October 19, 2013
1. Something really beautiful: this sunset seen from the top of a parking area in Cap Hill.
2. Something really ugly: the Broadway Plaza Motel. There are literally things hanging off of it.
3. My name in a sign [fail]
4. Something historic: El Diablo RIP. This was an awesome mexican restaurant with great drink specials. They finally closed it down for good right before Cinco De Mayo this year. The building is literally about to collapse on itself.
5. Something new: it’s drawn in chalk so of course it is new.
6. Something shiny: the museum next to Denver Central Library
7. Something that matches: Strange circles in the Convention Center parking garage
8. Something I’ve never seen: Downtown Denver be so busy! It was almost like a big city.
9. Something in a strange juxtaposition: the parking sign is upside-down and the car’s gas nozzle is open
10. Something expected: Statue of a Pegasus
Here are all the photos from my walk in Denver. There are more Zombie Crawl pictures too. [Link]